Repeat Prescriptions and Ordering Medication
Patients on long-term medication may request repeat prescriptions with the consent of their doctor.
This can be requested by:
- By completing our Repeat Prescription Request Form
- Your chosen pharmacy
- By visiting the surgery in person and completing a form at reception.
Please allow 3 working days before collecting your prescription and another 2 working days for dispensing. Requests for repeat prescriptions cannot be taken over the phone as errors can occur in verbal communication.
Should your repeat prescription need to be re-authorised, it may take longer to process, so please allow plenty of time to request your medication. Prescriptions can be collected on weekdays between 08:00 and 18:30.
The Electronic Prescription Service
If you wish to use our online service please complete our Register for the Electronic Prescription Service Form. Requests for repeat prescriptions cannot be taken over the phone as errors can occur in verbal communication.
If you wish your prescription to be posted to you, please complete our Contact the Practice Form.
Patients on regular medication will be asked periodically to come and see the doctor for a review and/or have regular blood tests. If your doctor has asked you to submit a medication review please complete our Medication Review Form.
Boots Chemist operate a pharmacy on-site here at St Luke’s Surgery. This is open to all and not just to patients at St Luke’s.
Boots Pharmacy is open during the following times:
- Monday to Friday: 08:30 – 18:30
- Saturdays: 09:00 – 13:00
Boots offer a range of services which include the following:
- Discussing medication with patients to identify any or all possible side-effects and/or general concerns that patients may have.
- Reminding patients of the reason for them taking a particular medication.
- If you have been asked to submit a medication review by the surgery, please complete our Medication Review Form.
Managing Prescription Service
- Boots can keep hold of the patients’ repeat prescription in the branch.
- To order your prescription with Boots please call 01483 504244 or alternatively visit them in person.
- Boots can then put the prescription through to the surgery and the medication can be collected from the pharmacy after five working days (excluding weekends).
Boots Pharmacy do offer a delivery service however, this is generally only available for the elderly.
As a GP partnership we have no financially vested interest in the pharmacy.
View the cost of prescriptions on the NHS website.
You can also find out if you are entitled to free prescriptions.