The St Luke’s practice partnership dates back to 1764 when Dr William Newland came to Guildford.
The first link with the St Luke’s area was in 1838 when the doctors looked after the patients in the Guildford Union Workhouse (which still exists today, opposite the site of our current surgery).
Initially, the practice worked from the high street and moved to the area around St Luke’s (Epsom Road) in the 1930’s. We have been on the current site (the old St Luke’s hospital) since 1996. Our extension to include the on-site pharmacy was completed in 2006.