Your Rights and Responsibilities
Here at St Luke’s, we aim to treat our patients courteously at all times and in return, we expect our patients to treat our staff in a similarly polite and respectful manner.
As a patient, it is your responsibility to:
- Attend your appointments
- Arrive on time to your appointments
- Inform us of your past illnesses, medication, hospital admissions and any other relevant details
How you can help us
- Please notify the reception staff of any change of name and/or address or new telephone number. You can do so by completing our Change of Personal Details Form.
- Remember to cancel any appointments with the doctor or nurse if you are unable to attend. Not attending an appointment without cancelling wastes precious resources and means that other patients have to wait longer for their appointments.
- Please make one appointment per person. A doctor cannot see a whole family in one consultation.
- Remember the out of hours service is for urgent problems only. Please do not contact the emergency doctor for a second opinion or for anything that wait until the next working day.
- We offer extended access appointments which are available at other GP surgeries in the area – Please visit our Extended Access page for further information on now to book these appointments.
- Please let us know of any difficulties you find when using our services and we will endeavour to put things right.